3. Helping customers raise funds in capital markets and giving advice on mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
4. Acting as the client’s agent in the issuance of securities.
5. Trading of derivatives and equity securities, and FICC services (fixed income instruments, currencies, and commodities).
6. Trading securities for cash or for other securities (e.g. facilitating transactions, market-making),
7. Promotion of securities (e.g. underwriting, research, etc.).
8. Provision of advice to institutions that buy investment services.
9. Provides funding, capital structure management, cash management, liquidity risk monitoring, custody services, lending, and securities brokerage services to institutions.
Investment Banking Services
10. Provides advice and services to help organizations with mergers and acquisitions, financing, and other transactions.
11. Advising organizations on mergers and acquisitions, as well as a wide array of capital raising strategies
12. Global transaction banking: Provides cash management, custody services, lending, and securities brokerage services to institutions.
13. Investment management: Professional management of various securities (stocks, bonds, etc.) and other assets (e.g., real estate), to meet specified investment goals for the benefit of investors.
14. Investors may be institutions (insurance companies, pension funds, corporations etc.) or private investors (both directly via investment contracts and more commonly via investment funds e.g., mutual funds).
15. Merchant banking: Offer capital in exchange for share ownership rather than loans, and offer advice on management and strategy.